Tuesday, 28 May 2013

May 28th

Post from yesterday:

After school i left straight after class to hunt for the hospital that was supposed to have UV treatment.  I took the taxi on the wrong side of the street so he took a drive before he could u turn (streets here r structured quite differently). Finally after a long ride i arrived at the hospital only to find the dermatologist not in.  She told me to come back the following day before 9pm - but i got lazy today and also wanted to finish marking at school and go home to eat. 

This was the hospital

Not as nice as the other international hospital but still very clean inside this department. 

Since i was by myself i decided to walk home.  After 15 min of walking or so i realized i was near t he far big c which ment at least another 35ish min of walking >_<.  I decided that i  would just taxi home since i had my laptop in my bag and a carry bag of books. Since i was near big c i might as well go in and buy some stuff.  Grocery shopping is almost as fun as retail therapy when u are in a foreign country haha.  Plus u dont feel as guilty about spending money (on a budget till Friday --> PAYDAY). I bout all sorts of fruits n food  that i think i could live in my room comfortably for at least a few days haha!

So i bought these strange fruits that looked like the Chinese fruit called loggan "dragon eyes"

The ear pods r there so u have a size reference.  These r very fragrant and look like lychee but minus the big seed. This bundle was 28B so about $1.  Not too sure if they would irritate my skin so i brought them to school to share.

I was also really excited to find these:

NORMAL FRUITS haha! These were very tasty! I dunno if. It's cause i haven't eaten them in a long time but i really enjoyed them lol. 


Heading to school this morning i realized i didn't have a smaller bill than 1000B so i head to sev to buy something small just so i could get change. I didn't know what to buy so ended up with this cute lil bun 
It was SO cute, well despite the fact he had orange eyes lol but inside this steamed bun was custard =D.  I was looking for baked custard buns the other day at big c but all they had was pandan custard buns. Pandan flavour is good but its not my favourite. Walking down the aisle of sev i also stumbled upon a new type of mama noodles! Mama ramen noodles "BAKED, not fried"! I didn't even know they were fried!


Unfortunately this turned out to be a bad flavour.  I was rather excited to try it at the end of the day too!  My taxi group collectively decided that we would prep for two hours at school instead of going home right after school.  A taxi ride to school is about 80B each way (a little over $2 cdn).  The four of us take turns paying each day to make it easier.

School lunches are always tasty and we get two options from two separate counter. The cafeteria is a large open area outside (think building but no windows or doors) and so it gets very hot eating in. Here.  I find it best to bring my large bowl to the cafe, get my fill then eat in the office where ac is set to at least 17C daily lol. This was today's lunch:

All their fruits n veges are cut w a wavy knife it looks kinda beat. As u can c - this bowl has a bunch of mishmash of things, but it was very tasty.  There were noodle of some sort under w a light broth. Lunch is usually where i get my protein since cook in my apt (that doesn't have a kitchen) is hard - any lil crumb will draw ants. It's Always a surprise to wake up or come home from school to look on your desk/floor since ants will swarm around ANY tiny piece of food u missed when u were cleaning up.  

Tonight's dinner at home consisted of mixed grains (white n purple rice, and lentils) cook w ground chicken, carrots and daikon.  While at big c i also stumbled upon something called "pickled green mustard". I was so excited because i thought i found one of the ingredients for my fav comfort food is 雪菜肉米粉.

My hopes were still high even after cracking it open and seeing it was in a different form than i was used to...but was disappoint that it was something different. It tasted alright and I'd probably buy it again...but gonna still hunt for what i like. 

That's all for tonight!


1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm pickled mustard!!! So good with congee. I had this a kid growing up. I still buy it. The spicy one is good. It has a nice kick to it. So sad to hear that the new mama noodles was a bust. I was so excited to hear your review on it and was gonna go out to find it here. Well, maybe I should try anyway. Hehehe the packaging is nice tho. Lol

    ReplyDelete