Thursday, 23 May 2013

May 23rd

Ok, so i know its been a very long time since my last post but its been rather busy and kind of lazy to load pix from my phone to the computer then on my blog.  The app is rather limiting to how i place the photos etc, but i guess this is better than nothing.

So i went to the market tonight by myself and it was quite fun because i could take my time without needing to explain to other what things were or need to worry if they are uncomfortable etc in the market. So here's what I bought
_______________


 Bought all of this for 260B which is under $9. 

So i have (from left to right) hydrogen peroxide, Vaseline, hair clip, belly button ring, fine toothed comb, hair clips x 2, cooked sticky rice  x 3, head bad, daikon, pan fried Chinese chives "dumpling", 2 bags of belly button cookies, beef skewer, and a hand cloth (at the office there is no paper towel or anything to wipe your hands so I've been wiping my hands on my pants all the time haha)
________

I've been cooking really healthy in my apt because of my hands (eczema is flaring up long story short) and either that is helping or the cream from the dermatologist is helping not sure..... Speaking of hospital i haven't uploaded candid camera of the pimp international hospital i went to.  It took 15 min to see a dermatologist! But unfortunately they didn't have UV treatment.

This is the waiting area of the dermatologist area



This is the waiting area w glass dividers

This is what my prescription came in


The creams weren't labelled unfortunately so i don't even know what i got - except for Vaseline.
_____________

Our key stage leader at Lertlah (he is in charge of making sure all of us foreigners are doing the right things etc) started  a video blog which you can find here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRnF0p9cq4o. I'm not sure how often he will be posting but every Thursday he plans to buy something unique and blog on it. Here is another link to one of my classmates blog http://mattandmarlena.blogspot.com/.  They're a little more up to date of what we do (to be fair there is two of them contributing to the blog and one of them doesn't have night school haha).  

____________

Last nights dinner was huge! I didn't quite plan to make it that big but it just kept growing and growing lol i brought it to night school (located across from our apt) and i think i stunned people at the size haha.... I ate it all  lol.  I have no problem pigging out on vegetables lol

 Under all the veg was noodles and spicy ground pork

After class (last class of one of the courses) our prof treated us out to a near by lounge where beers are 50B each! They were the huge bottles too! Their cashew chicken was supposed to be legendary so i was forced to order one too (yes i still ate after this bowl of noodles).  I was a little disappointed with it tho - i guess everyone hyped it up for me. Unfortunately no pic lol. However i did take a picture of the really cool looking ice cubes that we have here

They all have a hole in the middle (which means they were manufactured in a factory and not some random ice). Just like in Vietnam u have to drink beer w ice to be able to enjoy it.  The lounge we went to has been nick named "old bar" because it literally is a shack! Rusty tin roof with wooden chairs and tables.  The toilet was a squat toilet with a leaky roof lol.  I peed once there (got toilet paper from a classmate) and left shortly afterwards cause i had to pee agains and  didnt want to ask her for more toilet paper. The sewage system here in Thailand is very primitive so your actually not supposed to flush paper down the toilets and so u would dispose of them in a waste basket.  I've yet to find the "enjoyment" of washing myself after i do my business in the bathroom and drying w toilet paper lol.  

At school there is a hilarious sign in the stall that says "please keep feet on the floor, refrain from squatting on toilets".  The school has western toilets and so i guess some kids might try and squat on them.  



3 comments:

  1. Haha. Love that sign! I think the most difficult thing for me would be toilets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha the enjoyment of washing and drying with toilet paper. I couldn't laughing because I know what you mean hahahaha. And yes, ppl do squat on western toilets. I came back from Asian and attempted it because I forgot where I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I remember those ice cubes!I kept trying to stick my tongue in it lol. I think it must be cheaper to keep ice. The freezer than to keep a huge fridge to cool drinks down.

    ReplyDelete